Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

American Idol 2012 Top 8 Performance Night Review

American Idol 2012 Top 8 Performance Night (Theme: 80s Music)


Deandre Brackensick opened the night with an upbeat El DeBarge song that suits his voice. What I like about Deandre is that he is improving in his performances. Good thing he took to heart Gwen Stefani's advice to be more confident. Here is his version of "I Like It"... I like it too, he looks more comfortable now on stage than ever before =)




Elise Testone sang "I Want to Know What Love Is" and for me it's a wrong song choice. It didn't showcase her voice range, a lame performance for me. You're not a balladeer Elise, you're a rocker!


The first duet of the night: Skylar Laine and Colton Dixon sang "Islands in the Stream." Skylar's voice suited the song, she and Colton harmonized good but their performance lacked chemistry between them. As if you could feel they are just merely friends (which they really are)... Hey, but it's a love song!


Phillip Phillips jammed and performed onstage with his brother and sang "That's All." Is that all you can give Phillip? You're getting boring... it's the same gray outfits, the same look, the same sound.


The duet of Hollie Cavanagh and Deandre came next. They performed the Pointer Sisters' "I'm So Excited!" but it didn't get me excited at all. Hollie was stiff onstage but Deandre was relaxed and seemingly enjoying it up there =)


A great performance by Joshua Ledet singing "If You Don't Know Me By Now"... what a powerful voice! (Some do not like him but I do =) Cool how the choir began the song without Joshua singing yet =)




Jessica Sanchez's rendition of Whitney Houston's "How Will I Know?" was just okay for me or am I just expecting too much from her? She has amazing talent! She could have done better or chose a better song.


This was my favorite duet of the night: "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" by Elise Testone and Phillip Phillips. Chemistry... check (unlike the first two duets of the night)! I also felt both singers were just relaxed and enjoying the moment, especially Phillip who showed some of his moves because he didn't bring his guitar up the the stage for a change =)




Hollie Cavanagh's "What A Feeling" was for me the worst performance of the night. What feeling? It totally lacked feeling and emotion. The judges were right in saying she over thinks too much, is too technical and too worried while performing. JLo advised, "Let Go!" So who's the next to be let go? I think it should be Hollie...


The powerhouse singers Joshua and Jessica were partnered for "I Knew You Were Waiting for Me"... Wow! Good thing they didn't eat each other up alive on this one because both were oh so superb! =)




At first, I didn't like Colton Dixon but his recent performances were good and he kinda grew on me. I'm impressed with his rendition of "Time After Time" and good thing he acknowledged the band where he ripped off that awesome version =)




AI seemed to have saved the best for last... "Wind Beneath My Wings" by Skylar Laine was for me the best performance of the night and Skylar's best performance ever! I could really feel the emotion reeking through, almost made me cry, gave me goozies as well =)




So my Top 3 are: Skylar, Joshua, and Colton


Bottom 3 are: Hollie, Elise and Phillip (sorry I really don't like him, but I have a feeling he will reach the finals with Colton, thanks to the millions of girl tween fans who are expert texters)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads