Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

American Idol 2012 Top 7 Part 2 Performance Night Review

American Idol Top 7 Performance Night Review Part 2 (Theme: Now & Then)


It's another top 7 performance night since half-Filipina Jessica Sanchez was saved by the judges last week. The contestants are to perform two songs: a #1 hit song from year 2000 to present and a soul train song.


Hollie Cavanagh opened the night with "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele and I've got to say Hollie has improved a lot! =) So nice to see her being in the moment and not thinking too much during her performance.


Colton Dixon came next with Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance." Yes, I felt I was in a Colton concert but this performance was just okay for me.


Elise Testone did "No One" by Alicia Keys and it was good... but it isn't enough that she's good, she has to be great all the time since Elise doesn't have a big enough fan base, according to Jimmy.


Phillip Phillips did an Usher song and I think it was so cool and sexy. It's the first time I really, really liked a performance of his coz honestly, I don't like him...




Again I loved another Jessica Sanchez performance when she did Fallin' by Alicia Keys... outstanding vocals! I hope she won't be eliminated yet, she is just so good! Why can't America see it?




Skylar Laine performed "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga with a country twist. Good job! The song suited her in terms of its message =) Love the violin!




Joshua Ledet performed "I Believe" by his idol Fantasia. It's really obvious who the judges' favorite is this season... they keep on giving him a standing ovation even if the song rendition ain't that so spectacular.


Next round and the first song under soul train, Hollie sang "Son of a Preacher Man." It's so nice to see her finally letting go tonight. Both of her performances were good and it felt she's finally at home on that stage =)


Colton did "September" and it didn't feel it was an Earth, Wind & Fire song or an old song at all! Of course he "Coltonized" it and it seemed like a new and current track. Mark of a true artist =)


Elise performed "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye. I think it was good but for Randy she oversang it. I hope her dog gets well though...


Phillip sang "In the Midnight Hour" and it was just okay for me. What's good about Phillip is that he bares his soul on that stage, gives his all every time and easily connects with the audience (especially the tween text and internet savvy voters).


Jessica did another seemingly unknown song "Try A Little Tenderness." Though the song allowed her to showcase her vocal prowess, I wish she did a more familiar song to get more votes. I think she's in danger. No more saves for Jessica this time...


I think Skylar did a great job tonight! Another wonderful performance when she did "Heard It Through the Grapevine." Again, love the vioin =)


What a way to end the night by Joshua's "A Change is Gonna Come"... what a voice!




Let's see, my Top 3 are: Jessica, Skylar and Joshua

Special award for Hollie for most improved =)

Bottom 3: Colton, Phillip and Elise


Sorry for my late blog. I attended a "party" last night. Anyway, I just found out who got eliminated... Oh boy, I couldn't believe it and I'm sure you would be surprised! Clue? He is one of my bottom 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads